WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE FRENCH LIFT?
The French lift is ideal for both men and women who wish to rejuvenate their face without having any surgery. This procedure, which is an alternative to surgical face lifting, delays the ageing process.
The French lift can be used for individuals who are not happy with their facial expression and have lose skin and wrinkles on the skin surface. Moreover, it is a therapeutic method that can be used for those who have suffered partial facial paralysis. As the product used in this procedure is biocompatible, it can stay under the skin for many years.
IS THE FRENCH LIFT AN ALTERNATIVE TO A SURGICAL FACELIFT?
Surgical procedures that are implemented to eliminate the appearance of age provide long lasting permanent results. However, the costs and long recovery period of such procedures are a concern for some individuals. The procedures beyond surgery do not provide permanent results; therefore, the patients usually prefer to have the surgery even it is suggested as an alternative.
In recent years, it has been reported that successful non-surgical facelifts and facial rejuvenation procedures can reverse aging to some extent. The French lift, which was developed in France and is performed with threads comprised of polyester on the inside and silicon on the outside is a reliable and non-surgical method that can be used to correct sagging and increase rejuvenation in the skin.
HOW DO THE THREADS PREVENT AGEING?
Over time, the resistance of our skin against gravity and ageing decreases. The skin on our faces wrinkles due to weakened connective tissue, loss of collagen and elasticity. This can make us look aged and even older than we actually are as wrinkles make us look tired, angry and unhappy.
- Pulling, lifting and correction procedure may be effective on sagging only. Therefore, these cannot stop ageing.
- The facial oval is completed, characteristics points are revealed, cheekbones become prominent and wrinkles decrease.
- The threads do not affect the muscles. A natural appearance is preserved and the expressions are not disrupted.
- The collagen production appeared around the threads supports the skin and the individuals may benefit for a long period.
- Consequently, skin appears totally rejuvenated and healthy.
Results are observed immediately after the procedure. A 90% integrated expression may take 1 week. If defects exist, they should be completed at the end of the week. The integration of the procedure with the face can take up to 2-3 months.
WHY IS THE FRENCH LIFT PREFERRED?
- It is the most recent procedure among non-surgical facelift procedures and assures permanence by preserving the natural expression for 5 to 10 years.
- It is a non-surgical procedure that does not need to be repeated.
- It does not restrict the mimics as there is no risk of the threads breaking off.
ON WHICH AREAS of the BODY can the FRENCH LIFT BE applıed to?
The French lift is suitable for the treatment of facial and body ptosis (sagging of the skin) and can be applied to the areas given below:
- Under the chin
- Oval parts of the face
IS THE FRENCH LIFT EFFECTIVE ON All SKIN TYPES?
- The treads used in the procedure only create volumetric changes. Thus, the French lift is not suitable for extremely wrinkled and saggy skin. In order to achieve an effective and aesthetically pleasing appearance, the skin must be thin and slightly loose. If the skin is too thin and wrinkled, the result will not be as desired. If the skin is thick and very heavy, the threads will be insufficient for this procedure.
ADVANTAGES OF THE FRENCH LIFT
It can be applied to both men and women.
- It can be applied to all patients between the ages of 35 to 70 years.
- It does not leave any marks or scars.
- It does not require hospitalization as it is not applied under general anesthesia.
- The results are quite natural.
- It does not change the mimics of the face.
- Lifting may be applied when loosening is felt.
- It is performed under local anesthesia and, thus, is almost painless.
- The recovery period can take anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks.
HOW MANY SESSIONS DOES THE PROCEDURE REQUIRE?
One session is enough. However, the procedure can be repeated five years later if desired.
DO THE THREADS STOP the AGEING prosess?
As the threads have no effect on stopping time, they do not miraculously prevent aging.
IS THE PROCEDURE REVERSIBLE?
A few years after receiving the procedure, you can have the existing threads lifted again, you can receive a new procedure with new threads or try another rejuvenation method.
HOW IS THE FRENCH LIFT PERFORMED?
- The French lift is performed in 45 minutes to 1 hour under local anesthesia. In the application area, the areas to be studied are determined with the control to be performed before the procedure and the threads are placed under the skin.
- As the fixation zone of the rope is preferred as in the head (over the ear), the process is terminated without the need for suture.
- Inflammation can occur after the procedure and can be relieved with painkillers.
- Patients can carry on with their day-to-day lives straight after the application of the procedure.
WHAT PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN BEFORE THE PROCEDURE?
- There are no specific measures that must be taken prior to receiving the procedure.
- It is very important that you ask your doctor about all the details so that you can learn about the procedure beforehand.
- Your doctor will recommend disinfectant shampoo and a mild sedative to help you relax on the day of the procedure.
what ıs the AFTERCARE process for the procedure?
- Rest must be taken for several days after the procedure.
- Jaw movements should be carried out at a minimum level.
- Do not sleep face down.
- The face should be washed using upward movements only.
- The skin should not be massaged or rubbed.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS of the procedure?
- The threads are fully compatible with human skin, as the outer material is made of silicone and the inner material is made of polyester. Therefore, the threads have no side effects.
- Side effects after the procedure are quite uncommon. Patients can resume their normal life the day after the procedure. Skin stiffness and the formation of edema and bruising are common. However, these effects soon disappear.
- The skin can sometimes bleed due to the result of the clenching. However, this disappear within a few days.
- Doctors generally recommend antibiotics, anti-inflammatory or analgesics after the procedure. Depending on the level of stretching, the skin folds disappear within a few days after the procedure. Patient are required to make a follow-up appointment a week after receiving the procedure.
Is the procedure painful?
The procedure is usually performed under local anesthesia, and if the patient is very anxious, an appropriate sedative may also be administered. The procedure is almost painless. No pain is felt during the placement of the thread.
How long do the threads stay in the body?
The threads last for 5 to 10 years depending on the situation.
Are the threads harmful?
The threads are completely biocompatible and have been used in implant surgeries for over 50 years.
Is the silicon content of the threads hazardous?
Silicone has been used for medical procedures for a long time. The silicone used in this procedure is a solid silicone that is used for medical purposes, thus, it is harmless.
What result are to be expected after the procedure?
The stretching process occurs immediately after the procedure. The natural appearance of the face does not change. The results improve over time, with the optimal results being achieved after two months as a result of the development of connective tissue.
What is the determinant factor for the cost of the French lift?
The cost of the procedure depends on the width of the area to be treated, which is directly related to the amount of thread to be used. After the first examination, the doctor may explain the exact cost of the procedure to the patient. The price can also vary depending on the doctor and the location of the clinic.